Terms & Conditions
Your Stuff & Your Permissions
When you use the paperlessdebate.com services (“Services”), you may upload files (“Your Stuff”) to our servers. Your Stuff is yours. These Terms don’t give us any rights to Your Stuff except for the limited rights that enable us to offer the Services. We do not access, interact with, process, or achive Your Stuff in any way.
You’re responsible for your conduct, Your Stuff and you must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy. Content in the Services may be protected by others’ intellectual property rights. Please don’t copy, upload, download or share content unless you have the right to do so.
We aren’t responsible for the content people upload via the Services.
The Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other US and foreign laws. These Terms don’t grant you any right, title or interest in the Services, others’ content in the Services, trademarks, logos and other brand features.
You agree not to misuse the Services or help anyone else to do so. For example, you must not even try to do any of the following in connection with the Services:
* probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
* breach or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures;
* access, tamper with, or use non-public areas or parts of the Services, or shared areas of the Services you haven’t been invited to;
* interfere with or disrupt any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any part of the Services;
* access, search, or create accounts for the Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping” or creating accounts in bulk);
* send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
* send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including “spoofing” or “phishing”;
* promote or advertise products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization;
* sell the Services unless specifically authorized to do so;
* publish or share materials that are unlawfully pornographic or indecent, or that contain extreme acts of violence;
* advocate bigotry or hatred against any person or group of people based on their race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual preference, disability, or impairment;
* violate the law in any way, including storing, publishing or sharing material that’s fraudulent, defamatory, or misleading; or
* violate the privacy or infringe the rights of others.
You’re free to stop using our Services at any time. We also reserve the right to suspend or end the Services at any time at our discretion and without notice. For example, we may suspend or terminate your use of the Services if you’re not complying with these Terms, or use the Services in a manner that would cause us legal liability, disrupt the Services or disrupt others’ use of the Services.
Services “AS IS”
We strive to provide great Services, but there are certain things that we can’t guarantee. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE SERVICES. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” WE ALSO DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some states don’t allow the disclaimers in this paragraph, so they may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR (A) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE; (B) AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE SERVICES MORE THAN THE GREATER OF $20 OR THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO US FOR THE PAST 12 MONTHS OF THE SERVICES IN QUESTION. Some states don’t allow the types of limitations in this paragraph, so they may not apply to you.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the subject matter of these Terms, and supersede and replace any other prior or contemporaneous agreements, or terms and conditions applicable to the subject matter of these Terms. These Terms create no third party beneficiary rights.
Waiver, Severability & Assignment
Our failure to enforce a provision is not a waiver of its right to do so later. If a provision is found unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Terms will remain in full effect and an enforceable term will be substituted reflecting our intent as closely as possible. You may not assign any of your rights under these Terms, and any such attempt will be void. We may assign its rights to any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or to any successor in interest of any business associated with the Services.
We may revise these Terms from time to time, and will always post the most current version on our website. If a revision meaningfully reduces your rights, we will notify you (by, for example, posting on this page). By continuing to use or access the Services after the revisions come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.